“Open” means both partners have mirrored stances (e.g. if one partner is in left stance, the other is in right stance)
“Closed” means both partners have the same foot forward (e.g. both have right foot forward).
Stepping “outside” means stepping toward the attacker’s back.
Stepping “inside” means stepping toward the attacker’s front.
For white belt one-steps, attacker’s part is always to step forward into front hand punch.
- Defender steps back into open back stance; out form block.
- Step forward and inside into riding stance; two low punches and one high punch.
- Defender steps back into closed back stance; front block.
- Turn on front foot to move in and put back towards attacker; backwards elbow, backfist to the face, hammer fist to the groin
- Defender steps back into open back stance; knife hand block
- Back leg front kick; land in front in riding stance
- Face punch then upset punch with the same hand
- Defender steps forward to attacker’s outside in front stance; palm blocks punch cross body
- Back leg roundhouse to the body; land behind attacker
- Knife hand strike to the back of the neck
- Defender steps back open stance and stops attacker with front leg side kick to the ribs
- Land in back stance and upward block the punch
- Back hand punch to the face
- Grab arm with the arm that was holding an upward block; pull attacker in and elbow strike with other arm to the solar plexus