“Open” means both partners have mirrored stances (e.g. if one partner is in left stance, the other is in right stance)
“Closed” means both partners have the same foot forward (e.g. both have right foot forward).
Stepping “outside” means stepping toward the attacker’s back.
Stepping “inside” means stepping toward the attacker’s front.
These are performed with both partners facing each other (except #5) with feet shoulder-width apart
|1||Grab defender’s shoulder with one hand||1. Grab attacker’s hand with both hands, thumbs on top.
2. Rotate inward, holding on to attacker’s hand, until your back faces opponent and the attacker’s arm is over your shoulder.
3. Pull down as if to break the elbow over your shoulder.
4. Elbow strike backwards with inside arm.
5. Backwards backfist into attacker’s face.
|2||Grab both hands by the wrist||1. Jerk and twist with one hand up to the opposite shoulder to break free of the hold.
2. Perform a low block with the same hand to break the hold on the other wrist.
3. Backfist with the same hand to the chest.
4. Solar plexus punch with the other hand.
|3||Grab defender’s shoulder with one hand.||1. Grab attacker’s hand with both hands, thumbs on top.
2. Rotate outward, lift up, and step under the arm to the outside.
3. Turn back towards the attacker and step backwards, pulling down to force the attacker to bend over.
4. Front kick to the attacker’s face.
|4||Reach out to the defender as if to grab around the throat.||1. Circle block to deflect and push the attacker down and to the side.
2. Ridge hand strike with the other hand.
3. Roundhouse kick to attacker’s head.
|5||Grab behind defender, one arm around the neck.||1. Grab with both hands inside the crook of the elbow and pull down to relieve pressure.
2. Stomp with the foot on the same side as attacker’s shoulder.
3. Elbow backwards on the other side.
4. Grab attacker’s hand with both of your hands, thumbs on top in the same manner as #3.
5. Lift up and step backwards underneath attacker’s arm, rotating the hand inward and pulling down to drive attacker downward
6. Front kick to the face.